STEERING CONTROLLED HEADLIGHT.
The aim is to design and develop a “Steering Controlled Headlight Mechanism” which acts as directional headlights. This is done by connecting headlights and steering. Present-day automobiles don’t have an effective lighting system. Due to this many accidents are taking place during night times especially in ghat sections. The accidents can be avoided by incorporating the Steering Control Headlight Mechanism.
The rack and pinion steering gear mechanism is used for this project. When the steering wheel is rotated and rotary motion is converted to translatory motion through the rack and pinion mechanism. When the front wheels are steered, the headlights follow the same path and the light is focused on the more divergent area. In the present project, it is planned to design “Steering Controlled Headlight Mechanism” and a live model unit is fabricated.
Apart from turning the Headlights using cables mechanically, we can also turn this electrically using switches and cables as well. Electrically we can connect headlights directly to the steering by arranging a power window motor in this system. Here again, cables are used to connect power window motor and headlights. By introducing this Steering Controlled Headlights Mechanism, the Headlights cast their beam in the direction of the curve and ensure better visibility during night drives on ghat roads. This provides a smooth and safe ride, mind free ride for the motorist, and it is a safety system for an automobile. By implementing this in automobiles, we can provide the nation with accident-free roads to some extent.
STEERING SYSTEM CONTROLLED HEADLIGHT
The primary function of the steering system is to achieve the angular motion of the front wheels to negotiate a turn. This is done through linkage and steering gear which convert the rotary motion of the steering wheel into the angular motion of the front road wheels. Secondary functions of the steering system are;-
- To provide directional stability of the vehicle when going straight ahead.
- To provide perfect steering condition, i.e., perfect rolling motion of the road wheels at all times.
- To facilitate straight ahead recovery after completing a turn.
- To minimize tire wear.
- Requirements of a good steering system are;-
- The steering mechanism should be very accurate and easy to handle.
- The effort required to steer should be minimal and must not be tiresome to the driver.
- The steering mechanism should also provide directional stability.
- This implies that the vehicle should tend to return to its straight-ahead position after turning.
A headlamp is a lamp attached to the front of a vehicle to light the road ahead. Headlamp performance has steadily improved throughout the automobile age, spurred by the great disparity between daytime and nighttime traffic fatalities.
While it is common for the term headlight to be used interchangeably in informal discussion, headlamp is the term for the device itself, while headlight properly refers to the beam of light produced and distributed by the device. Other vehicles, such as trains and aircraft, are required to have headlamps. Bicycle headlamps are often used on bicycles and are required in some jurisdictions. They can be powered by a battery or a small electrical generator on the wheel.
ADVANTAGES OF STEERING CONTROLLED HEADLIGHT
- Provides mind free ride for the motorist.
- The manual power required is less.
- Repairing is easy. Replacing parts is easy.
- It provides the nation with accident-free roads.
- It requires simple maintenance to cares. Easy to operate.
- Provides Smooth and safe ride in curved roads especially in ghat roads.
An effective steering controlled headlight mechanism was designed, based on the Ackermann Steering mechanism and a live model was developed. Cost analysis was also done and a new mechanism at nominal cost was presented.
Note;- After this project service, we also service for web design, website development, App development, Seo, etc.
Technology we used for our all services;-
IN CASE KIND OF PROJECTS
All of the above; If this article is not working for you. So you can contact with the subject of your specific project. And we will lead you, to get that kind of project as soon as possible. If in case you are feeling to buy a project for STEERING CONTROLLED HEADLIGHT; simply contact us. And for your convenience; that we provide all BTech mechanical engineering final year projects.