SPEED BREAKER AIR COMPRESSION AND POWER GENERATION.
A speed breaker air compression and power generation mechanism is a device that changes the impulse energy produced by the passage of the vehicle over a speed bump into the kinetic energy needed to rotate the rotor of an alternator to generate electrical Energy for speed breaker air compression and power generation (Olugbogi et al., 2015). Piezoelectric energy generation still remains an emerging technology, though several investigations have been carried out on it since the late 1990s (Elsayed, 2014), (Abbasi, 2013), (Manbachi and Cobbold, 2011), (Gautschi, 2002). Elementary principles of vibration theory, reveals that the resonance of a system can be tuned by changing the stiffness or mass.
MATERIALS AND METHOD OF SPEED BREAKER AIR COMPRESSION AND POWER GENERATION
The speed bump, Helical spring, Air pump /compressor, Receiver tank, Mini turbine, the automatic light sensor system which include transistor TIP31, toggle switches, Light emitting diodes, resistors, relays, wires, gears, 12v battery, Vero board, capacitors, 7808 regulator Cylinder, and Piston Assembly, Receiver Tank, Mini Turbine, Supporting framework, accessories, and white junction box were used. The fabrication of the equipment was done using the following instruments: measuring tape, scriber, hack saw and the electric arc welding machine.
The supporting frame was made from a square mile steel pipe (30 mm x 30 mm 0.5 mm). The cylinder liners were made from a steel pipe with an inner bore diameter of 55 mm and an outer diameter of 70 mm the sleeve was made smooth by turning the bore size to 60 mm using a lathe machine. The resulting cylinder was welded on a 3 mm mild steel sheet to form a dead end. The metal sheet was drilled using a power drilling machine to provide an orifice for the air that will be compressed out of the cylinder.
Working principles of Speed Breaker
The Speed breaker mechanism for generating electricity was conceived from the principle of mechanical vibrations. It converts potential energy (as a result of the weight of the vehicle on the speed bump) to electrical energy. The air compressor is installed between the speed bump and a DC alternator.
MANUFACTURING AND SELECTION OF MATERIAL FOR SPEED BREAKER AIR COMPRESSION AND POWER GENERATION
The proper selection of material for the different parts of a machine is the main objective in the fabrication of a machine. For a design engineer, it is just that he be familiar with the effect which the
manufacturing process and heat treatment have on the properties of materials. The choice of material for engineering purposes depends upon the following factors.
- Availability of the materials.
- Suitability of materials for the working condition in service.
- The cost of materials.
- Physical and chemical properties of a material.
- Mechanical properties of a material.
- Rack and Pinion Gears: The rack and pinion used to convert between rotary and translator motion. The rack is the flat toothed part, while the pinion is the gear. Rack and pinion can convert rotary to linear from linear to rotary motion.
- Ball Bearings: A roller-element bearing is a bearing which carries a load by placing round elements between the two pieces.
- Spur Gear: It is a positive power transmission device with a definite velocity ratio. It is preferred for adjusting some linear misalignment.
- FlyWheel: The primary function of a flywheel is to act as an energy accumulator. It reduces fluctuations in speed. It absorbs the energy when demand is less and releases the same when it is required.
- Shafts: It is a rotating element, which is used to transmit power from one place to another place. It supports the rotating elements like gears and flywheels. It must have high torsional rigidity and lateral rigidity.
- Electric Dynamo: It is a device, which converts mechanical energy into electrical energy. The dynamo uses rotating coils of wire and magnetic fields to convert mechanical rotation into a pulsing direct electric current through faraday‟s law of electromagnetic induction.
- No fuel is required for its operation.
- Uninterrupted power generation during day and night.
- Easy for maintenance.
- Non Polluting energy sources.
- It is cheap compared to conventional power generation units.
The growth of any nation depends on the utilization of energy and this paper helps for that. It is successfully produced electricity and compressed air by using a speed breaker. This electricity can store batteries during the day time and we can use it in night time for highway illumination, signal system on the road, tollbooth or any other useful work. And compressed air can be used for cleaning purposes in tollbooth and refilling of air in tires. This paper helps with the conservation of natural resources.
IN CASE KIND OF PROJECTS
All of the above; If this article is not working for you. So you can contact the subject of your specific project. And we will lead you, to get that kind of project as soon as possible. If in case you are feeling like buying a project for SPEED BREAKER AIR COMPRESSION AND POWER GENERATION;.simply contact us. And for your convenience; that we provide all BTech mechanical final year engineering projects.