SOLAR MOBILE CHARGER.
Electronic gadgets like Mobile Phones and IPods solar mobile charger have made our lives a lot easier. But, all of them suffer from one common drawback of charging them at regular periodic intervals. This becomes a problem when we are traveling or at a place where electricity is not available. Also using renewable energy sources is quoted as the next generation fuel for all our electricity requirements.
So, in this project let us learn how easy it is to Make Our Own Solar Cell Phone Charger and also how it works.
- Solar panel 5.5V 245mA (3 Nos).
- 5V Boost converter module.
- Masking Tapes.
- Soldering kit.
The primary principle of this project is to convert solar energy into electrical energy. To accomplish this we just need a solar panel, but there are lots of types and ratings in solar panels to select from. Monocrystalline, Polycrystalline, and Amorphous are the three types of solar panels in which we will be using the Monocrystalline one since it is commonly available and cheaper than the other two.
Concept of the Mobile charger;-
In order to decide the voltage and the current rating of our panels, we have to consider the voltage and current that would be consumed by the load. In our case, the load is the mobile and it requires about 5V and 1A to get charged in its maximum efficiency. Since providing 1A and 5V using a solar panel would make the project bulkier and expensive, we decided to design the system for more than 70% efficiency. Thus, we have selected the 5.5V 245mA solar panels. We will be using three of these panels which will be connected in parallel, as we all know connecting it in parallel will keep its voltage constant and sum up the current rating. Hence, the final voltage and current rating of all the three modules will be 5.5V and 735mA (245+245+245).
Testing the Solar Cell Phone Charger;-
The performance of the charger depends on the amount of current it could deliver to charge the phone. This will help us with charging the phone as soon as possible. To know this we used an Android App called “Ampere”. This app will let us know how much current is drawn by the battery for charging. We first connect the phone to a normal Charger (AC mains) and found that my phone requires about 1000mA for charging as shown in the screenshot below.
ADVANTAGE OF SOLAR MOBILE CHARGER
- Solar power is pollution-free and causes no greenhouse gases to be emitted after installation.
- Reduced dependence on foreign oil and fossil fuels.
- Renewable clean power that is available every day of the year, even cloudy days produces some power.
- Return on investment unlike paying for utility bills.
- Virtually no maintenance as solar panels last over 30 years.
- Creates jobs by employing solar panel manufacturers, solar installers, etc. and in turn, helps the economy.
- Excess power can be sold back to the power company if the grid is tied.
- Ability to live grid free if all power generated provides enough for the home/building.
- It can be installed virtually anywhere; in a field to a building.
- Use batteries to store extra power for use at night.
- Solar can be used to heat water, power homes and building, even power cars.
- Safer than traditional electric current.
- Efficiency is always improving so the same size solar that is available today will become more efficient tomorrow.
- Aesthetics are improving making the solar more versatile compared to older models; i.e. printing, flexible, solar shingles, etc.
- Federal grants, tax incentives, and rebate programs are available to help with initial costs.
DISADVANTAGE OF SOLAR CHARGER
- High initial costs for material and installation and long ROI.
- It needs lots of space as efficiency is not 100% yet.
- No solar power at night so there is a need for a large battery bank.
- Some people think they are ugly (I am definitely not one of those!)
- Devices that run on DC power directly are more expensive.
- Depending on geographical location the size of the solar panels vary for the same power generation.
- Cloudy days do not produce much energy.
- Solar panels are not being massed produced due to a lack of material and technology to lower the cost
- enough to be more affordable.
- Solar-powered cars do not have the same speeds and power as typical gas-powered cars.
IN CASE OF IMMEDIATE PROJECTS FOR FINAL YEAR
All of the above; If this article is not working for you. So you can contact with the subject of your specific project. And we will lead you, to get that kind of project as soon as possible. If in case you are feeling to buy a project for SOLAR MOBILE CHARGER; simply contact us. And for your convenience; that we provide all BTech mechanical engineering final year projects.Note we also have the huge electronics projects for the final year student. To buy more similar project call 8528646666 and check our projects lists for the latest electronics final year projects.