The pneumatic vehicle uses a fluid system instead of the Internal Combustion engine. Will help save the non-renewable sources of energy. Will help in reducing the problem of global warming since Automobiles contribute to the problem the most.
The society of today relies to a great extent on different means of transportation. This massive traveling is a heavy load on nature. The cars that increase in numbers every day emit toxic emissions on the highways and the airplanes consume a huge amount of fossil fuels. In recent years the awareness of the effect of pollution on the environment and the climate has increased. The exhaust emissions standards are getting more and more stringent and there now exists a
discussion about the introduction of mandatory emissions the standard for CO2, a greenhouse gas that contributes to climate change is an issue of growing international concern. This demand for lower exhaust emission levels together with increasing fuel prices leads to the demand for combustion engines with better fuel economy, which forces engine developers to find and investigate more efficient engine management.
PNEUMATIC VEHICLE COMPONENTS AND MATERIALS
A piston is a component of reciprocating engines, reciprocating pumps, gas compressors, and pneumatic cylinders, among other similar mechanisms. It is the moving component that is contained by a cylinder and is made gas-tight by piston rings. The main function is force is transferred from the crankshaft to the piston for the purpose of compressing or ejecting the fluid in the cylinder.
- It is a device that converts power into potential energy stored in pressurized air. An air compressor forces more and more air into a storage tank, increasing the pressure. When tank pressure reaches its
- upper limit the air compressor shuts off. The compressed air, then, is held in the tank until. called into use. The energy contained in the compressed air can be used for a variety of applications, utilizing the kinetic energy of the air as it is released and the tank depressurizes.
- They are containers that hold liquids, compressed gases or mediums used for reservoirs, and for manufactured containers. Storage tanks are often cylindrical in shape, perpendicular to the ground with flat bottoms, and a fixed or floating roof. There are usually environmental regulations applied to the design and operation of storage tanks, often depending on the nature of the fluid contained within.
- A pressure regulator is a valve that automatically cuts off the flow of a liquid or gas at a certain pressure. Regulators are used to allowing high-pressure fluid supply lines or tanks to be reduced to safe and usable pressures for various applications.
- It is a 4-stroke petrol engine. We modify this engine into a 2-stroke engine by changing its camshaft. One lobe is also attached to another side of the came. So, it reduces the timing of the valve and eliminates two-stroke (compression and power stroke). We measured the rpm and power of the engine.
APPLICATION OF PNEUMATIC VEHICLE
A widespread application of small pneumatic motors is in the handheld devices, power ratchet wrenches, drills, sanders, grinders, cutters on. As they offer greater power density ( a smaller pneumatic motor can provide the same amount of power as that of the electric motor), generate less heat and Can be used in more volatile atmospheres as they do not require electric power. Recently a company called “AIR ENGINE” has developed a rotary motor for use in automobiles, these engines are placed immediately beside the wheel of the vehicle and use no intermediate parts to transmit motion which means almost all of motors energy is used to rotate the wheel.
- Refueling can be done at home using an air compressor or at service stations.
- Compressed air engines reduce the cost of vehicle production because there is no need to build a cooling system, spark plugs, starter motor, or silencers
- Some mechanical configurations may allow energy recovery during braking by compressing and storing air.
- When air expands in the engine it cools dramatically (Charles’s law) and must be heated to ambient temperature using a heat exchanger.
- These vehicles provide noisier while working.
Even though the vehicle is in its early stages of development, It holds a lot of promise and provides scope for further research. It eliminates the use of non-renewable fuels like gasoline, diesel petrol, etc, and Thereby preventing pollution caused by millions of automobiles all over the world. This could be the future of automobiles and step to a healthier environment Now the responsibility is entrusted upon us as engineers of tomorrow to develop the concept and make it feasible so that it reaches the common man and we get a better environment to live in.
IN CASE KIND OF PROJECTS
All of the above; If this article is not working for you. So you can contact with the subject of your specific project. And we will lead you, to get that kind of project as soon as possible. If in case you are feeling to buy a project for PNEUMATIC VEHICLE; simply contact us. And for your convenience; that we provide all BTech mechanical final year engineering projects.