MOTORIZED SCREW JACK.
This Project, “Motorized Screw Jack”, is a device used to fully or partially lift, lower or position an object. Screw jacks are often found in machine shops, auto repair facilities and in the automotive racing industry. Many vehicles also have a screw jack included with the spare tire kit, so drivers can repair a tire easily. Very large screw jack systems are even used to lift houses for foundation repair or replacement.
With this model, we have designed and developed a working prototype of a motorized screw jack. The construction mainly consists of an aluminum framework and a wooden base to provide low weight and high rigidity model.
To activate the lead screw, a high torque motor is used which is connected to the screw with the help of a coupler. To control DC Motor, we have used DPDT switches which in turn control the overall motion of the jack.
WHAT IS THE PRINCIPLE OF SCREW JACK?
A screw is a mechanism that converts rotational motion to linear motion, and a torque (rotational force) to a linear force. It is one of the six classical simple machines. … Other mechanisms that use the same principle, also called screws, don’t necessarily have a shaft or threads.
WHAT ARE THE EXAMPLE OF SCREW JACK
Some examples of the uses of a screw are in a jar lid, a drill, a bolt, a light bulb, faucets, bottle caps, and ballpoint pens. Circular stairways are also a form of a screw. Another use of the screw is in a device known as a screw pump.
Types of Screw Jack;-
There are a few variations of screw jack available depending on the specific application. These variations can be achieved with either a machine screw jack or ball screw jack and are largely chosen based upon the system architecture in which they are to be fitted-
- Translating Screw Jack;- The rotation of the worm wheel acts directly on the lead screw and the lead screw translates linearly. Unless the end of the lead screw is fixed (dependent on customer requirements), the lead screw will tend to rotate due to friction between the screw threads.
- Translating Keyed Screw Jack;- As above but the lead screw is keyed such that it cannot rotate. This is important if the lead screw end is not to be fixed to the load. Both the keyed and un-keyed translating screws are commonly used in applications where more than one screw jack is attached to a common load.
- Rotating Screw Jack;- The lead screw is fixed to the worm wheel so rotation of the worm wheel causes rotation of the lead screw thus translating the nut along the lead screw when the nut is attached to the load.
- Translating Screw Jack System;- 6x Screw Jack System. The lead screw ends are to be attached to a common load. Clearance is required under the bottom mounting plate of the jack body to accommodate the translating screw cover.
- Rotating Screw Jack System;- 4x Screw Jack System. The lifting nuts translate. Clearance under the bottom mounting plate of the jack body is not required but allowance must be made in the lifting platen design to allow the platen to pass over or past the lifting screw.
PARTS OF MOTORISED SCREW JACK
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Screw Jacks are inherently safe and comply with a number of ISO EN standards for machinery, lifting tables and platform. Some of the main safety features are:-
- Safety Nuts- Secondary follow Nuts can allow monitoring of wear and secondary redundancy if Nut fails in service. Sensors can be fitted to detect failure/max wear reached.
- Self-Locking- Gearbox: All screw jacks ratios are self-locking and will not backwind when power off. Standard ratio with trapezoidal spindles will remain self-locking when static (comes to rest), Low ratio worm gearbox will offer a dynamic self-lock and will slow and lock the moving load when powered off.
- Secondary Safety- For lift systems for personnel; redundancy or secondary safety is required. Screw jacks can be offered with Self-locking jacks, Safety Nuts, Brake motors, and even linear braking elements so a secondary safety measure is always in place.
1. There is a scope of improvement that is by replacing the remote control with Bluetooth operating technology.
2. The device can also be designed to operate using an android application.
ADVANTAGES OF MOTORIZED SCREW JACK
- The loaded light vehicles can be easily lifted
- Handling is easy
- No manual power required
- Replacement of parts is easy
DISADVANTAGES OF MOTORIZED SCREW JACK
- Cost of the equipment is high when compared to ordinary hand jack
- Care must be taken for handling the equipment such as proper wiring connection, battery charging checkup, etc.
A screw jack is the ideal product to push, pull, left lower and position loads of anything from a couple a kilogram hundreds of tonnes. the need has long existed for an improved portable jack of automotive vehicle.
IN CASE KIND OF PROJECTS
All of the above; If this article is not working for you. So you can contact with the subject of your specific project. And we will lead you, to get that kind of project as soon as possible. If in case you are feeling to buy a project for; MOTORIZED SCREW JACK. simply contact us. And for your convenience; that we provide all BTech mechanical engineering projects