A car parking system is a mechanical device that multiplies parking capacity inside a parking lot. Parking systems are generally powered by electric motors or hydraulic pumps that move vehicles into a storage position.
Car parking systems may be traditional or automated. Automatic multi-story automated car park systems are less expensive per parking slot since they tend to require less building volume and less ground area than a conventional facility with the same capacity. In the long term, automated car parking systems are likely to be more cost-effective than traditional parking garages. Both automated car parking systems and automated parking garage systems reduce exhaust gas — cars do not drive around in search of parking spaces.
CAR PARKING OPERATION
Automated car parking systems use a similar type of technology used for mechanical parcel handling and document retrieval. The driver leaves the car inside an entrance area and technology parks the vehicle at a designated area. Hydraulic or mechanical car lifters raise the vehicle to another level for proper storing. The vehicle can be transported vertically (up or down) and horizontally (left and right) to a vacant parking space until the car is needed again. When the vehicle is needed, the process is reversed and the car lifts transport the vehicle back to the same area where the driver left it. In some cases, a turntable may be used to position the car so that the driver can conveniently drive away without the need to back up.
TYPE OF CAR PARKING
There are several types of car parking garages:
Single level parking garage
A single level parking garage is a parking garage that only has only one floor.
Multilevel parking garage
Multilevel or multi-story parking garages are parking garages that have multiple floors to park at. The design of a multilevel parking garage can be very different. The most common design is a garage with ramps to move from one level to another. Less common are parking garages that use lifts to go from level to level. Then there are also parking garages with robotic systems that move cars from one level to another.
Underground parking garage
An underground parking garage has levels below the surface and none above ground. Most often underground parking garages are located in city centers where there’s not much space available to build a parking facility, but there is a big need to build one.
Automated parking garage
The car park operates as followed: You drive your car onto a platform in the garage. Then the automated parking system will move your car to the available parking space somewhere in the tower. The cars can be moved vertically and horizontally with the use of hydraulic or mechanical lifts. There are several benefits to a multilevel parking facility with an automated parking system. For example, you can stack more cars in a compact space because the cars are parked by robots.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The customer enters the parking garage and drives the car onto a platform. There he shuts off the engine, puts the brake on and steps out of the vehicle. The system detects the overall size and shape of the vehicle with the use of sensors. This is an important step in the process: The system analyzes where he can park the car (the smallest space possible).
- The main important benefit of the parking management system is its advanced technology. It follows the latest technologies and concepts to assure a profitable outcomes.
- For parking authorities and vehicle owners, parking management system resources are flexible enough to operate and manage.
- The design and implementation of the parking management system are very easy to supervise and manage. This system can be easily handled by the staff members because of its well-organized structure.
- Traffic flow increases as fewer cars are required to drive around in search of an open parking space.
- Over time, a smart parking solution can produce data that uncover correlations and trends of users and lots. These trends can prove to be invaluable to lot owners as to how to make adjustments and improvements to drivers.
- It is not recommended for high peak hour volume facilities.
- There may be a fear of breakdown (How do I get my car out?).
- There are an uncertain building department review and approval process.
- It requires a maintenance contract with the supplier.
The various types of car parking system and has been presented. From the various examples of the implementation of the smart parking system being presented, its efficiency in alleviating the traffic problem that arises especially in the city area where traffic congestion and the insufficient parking spaces are undeniable. It does so by directing patrons and optimizing the use of parking spaces.
IN CASE KIND OF PROJECTS
All of the above; If this article is not working for you. So you can contact the subject of your specific project. And we will lead you, to get that kind of project as soon as possible. If in case you are feeling like buying a project for CAR PARKING;.simply contact us. And for your convenience; that we provide all BTech mechanical final year engineering projects.