BOX SHIFTING MECHANISM.
The need of moving the manufactured components of any industrial plant is one of the basic needs that need to be fulfilled in order to ensure the efficiency of the plant as a whole. There have been various prototypes dedicated solely to the in-plant transport of components/ equipment/ totally manufactured final products. But the thing which does not comply with most of the conveyor belt systems is that they do not cost-efficient. They require a large amount of capital investment which is not something that is affordable by everyone. Our design for the “BOX SHIFTING MECHANISM” is dedicated to the small scale industries for whom conventional conveyor belt systems are not accessible or simply who do not need such a large scale systems such as in-house assembly line. The advantage of our design is the stop and go motion which provides a time delay for each box.
WORKING OF BOX SHIFTING MECHANISM
- Transferring the boxes from one place to another for the requirement of a worker within the industry.
- Heavy tools easily transport to one work station to another work station
- Creating a balanced line in the assembly line.
- A box transfer machine is to transfer boxes/cartons generally on an assembly line.
- Industries worldwide use conveyers as a mechanism to transport boxes from place to place.
- This mechanism includes strong belts, pulleys, and heavy motors to rotate the pulley to move the conveyor.
MAIN COMPONENT USE IN BOX SHIFTING MECHANISM
A wiper generally consists of a metal arm, pivoting at one end and with a long rubber blade attached to the other. The arm is powered by a motor, often an electric motor, although pneumatic power is also used in some vehicles.
BATTERY 12 V
It supplies electric currents to operate the lighting systems and accessories systems. It is often called the part of the electrical system. The battery stores energy in a chemical form. The chemical reaction takes place inside the battery when any electric consuming devices like lights, horns, etc…., is connected to the battery, which produces a flow of current.
Nuts and bolts
A nut is a type of fastener with a threaded hole. Nuts are almost always used in conjunction with a mating bolt to fasten two or more parts together. The two partners are kept together by a combination of their threads’ friction (with slight elastic deformation), a slight stretching of the bolt, and compression of the parts to be held together.
CONCEPT OF THE BOX SHIFTING MECHANISM
- This is mainly used for transporting (moving/shifting) boxes automatically.
- It is driven through a DC motor and is powered through the main battery supply.
PROCEDURE OF BOX SHIFTING MECHANISM
First of all, we have prepared the drawing for the equipment. A-frame is made with angles by cutting them with the help of a cutting machine. The arc welding method is used to join the cut pieces to get the final frame of the mechanism. Mild steel plates were used to prepare the seating for the boxes on the conveyor. The shaft and hanger were machined as per the dimensions on the lathe. Holes were drilled as per the drawing with the help of a drilling machine. The shaft which takes the boxes to the next level is prepared. All the welded joints were given a finishing look with the help of a flat-file. The electric motor is then fixed on the bed which drives the whole mechanism. Then the crank and hanger were fixed and connected to the motor. The box transport mechanism is ready.
- Replacing human operators in tedious tasks.
- Replacing humans in tasks that should be done in dangerous environments (i.e. fire, space, volcanoes, nuclear facilities, underwater, etc.)
- Making tasks that are beyond human capabilities such as handling too heavy loads, too large objects, too hot or too cold substances or the requirement to make things too fast or too slow.
- Lubricants not required.
- Simple to construct.
- Technology limits. Current technology is unable to automate all the desired tasks.
- Discover that there’s no economic advantage in doing so.
- Unpredictable development costs. The research and development cost of automating a process is difficult to predict accurately beforehand. Since this cost can have a large impact on profitability, it’s possible to finish automating a process only to.
- Initial costs are relatively high. The automation of a new product required a huge initial investment in comparison with the unit cost of the product, although the cost of automation is spread in many product batches.
The box shifting mechanism plays a major role in industries, the process of transporting or shifting products from one place to another was to be maintained by conveyors only. So we just successfully altered this with a box shifting mechanism using the kinematics links and a motor. We used basic mechanical knowledge and design capabilities to make it possible.
IN CASE KIND OF PROJECTS
All of the above; If this article is not working for you. So you can contact the subject of your specific project. And we will lead you, to get that kind of project as soon as possible. If in case you are feeling like buying a project for BOX SHIFTING MECHANISM;.simply contact us. And for your convenience; that we provide all BTech mechanical final year engineering projects.