SOLAR PANEL PROJECTS.
Get the widest list of solar panel projects(energy) for your study and research. These solar system projects have been built to help students, researchers, and engineers in their study and research. my engineering Projects has the widest list of solar energy projects that make the most efficient use of solar energy and use it for various applications. Find innovative solar project ideas for further implementation.through our list of solar projects for engineering students. one is below here.
1-Solar Panel With Sun Position Tracking System;-The designed project aims at tracking the sun to achieve the maximum sunlight incident on the solar panel during any time of the day. The project is useful during cloudy days. The system requires a solar panel coupled with a stepping motor to keep tracking the sun and moving according to the maximum sunlight received. A microcontroller of 8051 family is used that generates stepped pulses periodically to rotate the panel through stepper motor. The power to the motor is provided by an interfacing IC.
- 8051 Microcontroller.
- Stepper Motor.
- Crystal Oscillator
- Resistors Capacitors
- Transistors Cables and Connectors.
- Diodes PCB and Breadboards LED Push Buttons Switch IC.
- IC Sockets Keil µVision IDE MC.
- Programming Language;-Embedded C.
HOW DO SOLAR PANEL WORK
Solar panel projects, work by absorbing sunlight with photovoltaic cells, generating direct current (DC) energy. and then converting it to usable alternating current (AC) energy with the help of inverter technology. AC energy then flows through the home’s electrical panel and is distributed accordingly. Here are the main steps for how solar panels work for your home;-
- Photovoltaic cells absorb the sun’s energy and convert it to DC electricity.
- The solar inverter converts DC electricity from your solar modules to AC electricity, which is used by most home appliances.
- Electricity flows through your home, powering electronic devices.
- Excess electricity produced by solar panels is fed to the electric grid.
NOTE;-The photovoltaic effect, The science of generating electricity with solar panels boils down to the photovoltaic effect. Solar panel was first discovered in 1839 by Edmond Becquerel and can be generally thought of as a characteristic of certain materials (known as semiconductors) that allows them to generate an electric current when exposed to sunlight.
The photovoltaic process works through the following simplified steps;-
- The silicon photovoltaic solar cell absorbs solar radiation.
- When the sun’s rays interact with the silicon cell, electrons begin to move, creating a flow of electric current.
- Wires capture and feed this direct current (DC) electricity to a solar inverter to be converted to alternating current (AC) electricity.
MAIN COMPONENT OF SUN PANEL
4-Solar battery storage unit(if desired).
USE OF SOLAR SYSTEM
In addition to solar energy, rainwater is a major renewable resource of any area. In India, large areas are being covered by solar PV panels every year. Solar panels can also be used for harvesting most of the rainwater falling on them and drinking.
During hot sunny daytime when the water needs are more for watering the fields, solar pump performance can be improved by maintaining pumped water flowing/sliding over the solar panels to keep them cooler and cleaner. Solar driers are used to dry harvests for storage. Low-cost solar-powered bicycles are also available to ply between fields and villages for agricultural activity, etc.
ADVANTAGES OF SOLAR CELL
- It is a clean and non-polluting energy source.
- It is renewable energy.
- Solar cells do not produce noise for electricity generation.
- It requires very little maintenance.
- Long lifetime.
- There are no fuel costs or fuel supply problems in this electrical energy production.
DISADVANTAGES OF SOLAR CELL
- The initial cost of purchasing a solar system is fairly high.
- Weather Dependent. Although solar energy can still be collected during cloudy and rainy days, the efficiency of the solar system drops.
- Solar Energy Storage Is Expensive.
- Uses a Lot of Space.
- Associated with Pollution.
I hope that you enjoyed this sun panel project topic. Not only did you apply math and science to your project, but you also learned the importance of shop safety and working together with your teammates. Each teammate had a job to do. Engineers were in charge of the final design and oversight of building your solar. Finally, Project Directors were in charge of your teams’ public affairs and overall completion of your project.
Hopefully, you were able; to see how there is more to just having the best design. Working together as a team is just as important in accomplishing the different challenges you may face in your life. I hope that you will be able to apply the methods and ideas from this project in your day to day lives.
IN CASE KIND OF PROJECTS
All of the above; If this article is not working for you. So you can contact with the subject of your specific project. And we will lead you, to get that kind of project as soon as possible. If in case you are feeling to buy a project for solar panel, solar system, solar cell, photovoltaic solar panel; simply contact or visit our site. In last but not least we provide all BTech mechanical final year projects